Pages

Friday, June 25, 2010

HOW WE FEEL

anger and fear ... I know the shards of my ego surround them and the shreds of all the pages I've read but I want to speak up now in their favor ... they were both the first thing I said when I was born ... how can you treat me like this ... I was whatever I saw till this cold expanse tunneled itself forward ... I'm an old man now but god help me I feel the same way now as I did then ... I'm on hold till something makes me angry or afraid ... then I've got something to chew on for the rest of the day ... and so it's been since that first alarm broke me from that first sleep ... we are not born to peace but to war ... war with the elements war with the people all around us war against evil and by evil war against the good ... the certainty giving triumph ... the certainty giving despair ... anger and fear ... god love them and give to us their good cheer ... anger and fear ... sword and shield together always speaking the truth ... and somewhere in the middle god willing is the intellect and good judgment ... to know the truth when they hear it

No comments: