Pages

Sunday, July 04, 2010

WHAT'S TO LOSE

illness and death ... what's this depression that follows the thought of these ... the thought of the dream the fantasy the hope the only thing that kept me alive ... the thought of success tomorrow hereafter delightfully extended ... all I needed was another day ... I could argue thereafter ... now soon you say there will be no tomorrow ... the ego spiritualizes says the mind dealing with the immaterial will survive the death of the body ... I only have to pick an idea that's alive and be faithful to it ... it will carry me through ... the intellect the intellectual soul will live eternally and I'll be along for the ride ... I'll take business class and sleep all the way ... down below the vegetable soul says fine with me ... I'll survive elsewheres given the proper climate control ... what soul then loses it's easy to say ... the sensitive soul ... unadjusted to others ... the one the intellect called the work in progress ... the subject of any book bought ... the prize of all attainment ... the self improved perfected and displayed ... the point of the story ... the final beautiful golden idol ... me that dies

No comments: