Pages

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

RUSH HOUR

I can't speak for all addicts but I can speak to them ... whether or not they can hear or are willing to listen I can do this ... because when we're not straight and sober we're philosophical ... we live among the real presence of ideas ... not just concepts or social constructions ... not in the neighborhood any longer of shifting shapes and dialectical confusions ... but now in a domain where truth is never in compromise but all promise is fulfilled ... it takes your breath away ... sometimes in a rush ... who steps into this universal sanctuary without trepidation ... what fool can be happy in such a moment of fear ... but we suffer it for the sake of the next moment ... for the sake of peace ... the still eternal quiet of that moment takes each of us on a desperate adventure in spirit sitting quiet at the bar rocking in the chair by the table ... I can't speak for all of us but I can speak to you the word of the truth on the tip of my tongue ... the word you hear before I say it

No comments: