Pages

Sunday, May 09, 2010

DISEASE

if you can find a greater sinner than I am I would be afraid to meet him ... and I'm not afraid to meet anyone ... I'm so deep a sinner I can tell you what it's like ... I can tell you what sin is ... it's a disorder a disease of the soul ... it has its accidents of crisis but it's the chronic stage that knows and gnaws ... knowing you're unsound out of order imbalanced you feel disease ... that's it pretty much ... it doesn't change in kind it only worsens grows in intensity eats up all your spare time allowing you infrequent vacations ... if you're lucky to live long enough you're in for an education ... if you're lucky to survive old age will teach you the consequences of sin ... lucky for this education and for your part in the fight ... thought you'd leave the house at noon to buy a pack of cigarettes ... thought you'd go round the bad part of town ... thought you'd avoid as long as you liked all the trouble and disaster of your time ... those consequences of sin ... but you carried the traitor within you gnawing on your heart

No comments: