Pages

Thursday, April 08, 2010

WHAT DID I MISS?

there's a room at the center of the universe where the body the mind and the soul come apart ... often they offer each other written credentials testimonials defences ... if purgatory is a bureaucracy there may be a ring of rooms where separated minds go to recover and report ... a concentric narrowing series of rooms from hovel to palatial and is one long conversation ... what did you think of that body thing one might say to another ... threw me around I can tell you ... took me a while before I could say it was a holy confounding thing ... but who could forget the first moment of each morning of being there when you just had not ... all this time all these mornings that moment has never changed ... each time before time there's nothing but space ... and then you begin ... that much was never less than right ... nor less than a satisfying obligation ... if it weren't for the pain ... it was a thought ... we might have gone on forever ... it gripped the bone past all that flesh ... forget the pain it makes me say I suffer ... I want to know what I missed ... what made me say I thirst ... (b)

No comments: