Pages

Sunday, April 18, 2010

APPLICATION FOR AN ADVOCATE

not only am I being held to trial I have twelve jurors and two extra foremen ... one for the prosecution the other for the defense ... and I can't tell them apart ... certainly not by their intention ... neither one seems friendly to me ... and what's worse there isn't one of these fourteen that isn't a genius ... and when I complain that my insignificance is insufficient warrant for such an investigation I'm reminded that my jury is all dead and no longer in time as I know it ... or if I prefer it that they have all the time in the world and outside it to look into my little affair ... since I'm cut off from the judge and cannot see his face to whom can I appeal ... how can I escape the verdict of this jury ... I need an advocate ... no not just to beat this charge ... after it there must be many more ... I need someone to help prepare my soul to meet a change of life ... I seem at times I fear to think the charge is unrelated ... that in time or out of it I can let it dangle ... I know that's not true ... it's why I need the advocate

No comments: