Pages

Monday, April 05, 2010

SEAN LAMB'S GIFT

a friend asked do you pray ... I said these pacres are my prayers ... he said do you pray to jesus ... I said I am not worthy ... he said do it anyway ... so I did at three o'clock in the morning ... I said jesus you are hidden from me ... through me he replied that's a given which brought a chuckle and emboldened me to ask why is that a gift how is that a gift and he answered I temper the wind for the shorn lamb ... well that's right I conceded ... I am a lamb shorn of any significant power psychological and especially now physical and I know if I should see the lord here in my room in the middle of the night it would scare the hell out of me ... in general not a bad thing you might say but not now I would object not now necessarily in my shorn state a good thing ... I'll trust the lord in his timing in preference for auditory over visual illumination ... not so sudden not so sheer the light of his words ... more mellow in counsel more measured in prudence ... drop by drop syllable by syllable ... prudential and practical I say ... in answer to a simple question what should I do now ... sell what you have was his quick reply ... give

No comments: