Pages

Friday, April 09, 2010

HISTORY AND THE OTHER SIDE OF TIME

thesis ... rome new york vienna washington chicago galena athens jerusalem back to rome ... all in twelve hours not to mention the centuries and millenia in between ... how's that possible ... justification righteousness faithfulness salvation love ... like a blue screen behind time ... the hawaii division lands on the canal a touch on the kindle and a soldier on board an LCI steals a pistol ... took electricity to do that so it didn't take long ... nor does each visit ... an hour at the most ... memory is easy for the things in time ... I see the dictator he isn't large but he is excited relieved and grateful but he's already put one foot in the noose ... I see them now both but neither without time ... there are other places I go people I talk to there and when I come back I can't recall their faces ... I can't remember what was in the room but in each case there's a window ... and sometimes a back door and a porch ... I see why I can't remember there's a rocking chair because of the sky ... it's pure blue the other side of time ... motion here but none there

cf grant by byrd; anschluss in churchill, hitler, and the unnecessary war, by buchannan; the thin red line by jones; 1942, ch 17, by groom.

No comments: