Pages

Saturday, April 03, 2010

THE PRESENCE OF THE TRUTH

I feel the same way ... I'm agreeing with you ... all my life all my life I've built a shrine to that great god sensation ... each month another stone on the perimeter round that great fire ... but as the fire dies out and the cold advances from behind me in the dimming light I can still see the way ... I can see the light but it doesn't warm me ... I can see it's a straight run to the town that cannot be derailed but I'm not smelling any roses on the way ... and when I listen and it's very very still ... past the ringing and the drums the pistol shot and the applause the speeches and the crowds ... something like the wind the last wind moving out to sea ... and just then in the second or two it leaves behind ... the thought of something I might just remember having heard it once before many years ago ... no ... no ... even that the last clear recall moves on ... this isn't in the past and it seems to have no future ... if it has a there it's not like any place I've seen before ... this is something else ... like a pressing in only the feeling is a sham or what's a metaphor for if you can't use them when you need them ... this is something else ... here

No comments: