Pages

Friday, October 15, 2010

TODAY'S PRAYER

meek ... I don't know that I can do that ... say I can be quiet ... speak only when spoken to ... and here's the catch ... only in good spirit ... the bet is that not speaking otherwise will make the good spirit more willing to stay ... meek but not unprincipled ... she'd never stand for that ... to have no principles is to have no origin ... there are parts we can play even in our own head that step onto the stage of consideration with a sign hanging from their neck saying don't play me ... I'm a bad premise and I'll lead you to a bad conclusion ... being meek is being discerning ... you don't take those parts ... being soft and seldom speaking you will have less later to defend ... and more time now to be observant ... a skill which should grow with practice ... this is the exercise of the application of your principles ... what would it be like not to have them ... to hang always on the tip of the point that you have no point ... I know what it's like ... you talk and you don't stop ... lord let me be silent

No comments: