Pages

Monday, October 25, 2010

A SANTA CLAUSES GOD

nothing is alone ... that I take to be metaphysical maxim #1 ... I guess there could have been nothing all by itself but I know that I'm here so it's too late for that ... now I've seen evidence of chance and necessity and of the two necessity appears to have the upper hand so that's maxim #2 ... necessity rules ... I've seen people and things and of the two people are much more finely developed so that's maxim #3 ... people are what it's all about ... now I ask can I work out a theology with just these three metaphysical clauses ... what would god be like according to maxim #1 ... before creation before god made something else god was not alone ... according to maxim #2 there must be something about god you can always count on so I figure that would be generosity ... once again after all I'm here ... and lastly according to #3 it's personal ... god's necessity his generosity is intentional ... with this theology in place I know what I'm looking for ... a social god necessarily because intentionally generous

No comments: