Pages

Monday, October 25, 2010

HOPE AS DUTY

the lord will provide ... isn't that another way of saying I believe ... not just I believe and this is one way I do it but if I have true faith this is what I must believe ... and if I have the best kind of true faith I believe it all the time ... to live life each moment according to the ancient prayer said most nearly when we're children ... now I lay me down to sleep I pray the lord my soul to keep and if I should die before I wake I pray the lord my soul to take and if I should wake before I die I pray what I know to be true ... the lord will provide ... and that's how each day is an alive long day not dead with dread a common expectation that no one escapes still living but a living expectation that the lord will provide ... a humbling anticipation that all I can do is help ... a startling interruption sometimes to step aside to get out of the way ... but mostly do your duty ... mostly be of good cheer ... dutiful hope the lord will provide

No comments: