Pages

Monday, November 30, 2009

WHERE?

what if memory didn't count at least not now ... you could have it in the future ... you could tell each story just right ... but not now ... now it didn't count ... were you there ... were you thirty ... what did you know back then and where is it today ... I had just finished a paper on the eight years of pierce and buchannan of douglas and taney ... what I knew of them is back then ... I don't know it now ... they called the candy mary jane ... you got it at the gas station from your older sister who was your boss ... you followed ... she held your hand ... life was sweet at the gas station ... you had a moustache ... you grew a beard ... you shaved them off ... you went bald ... I have the title I have the idea I don't remember the story but peter is my friend ... put us down together as people who agree ... I don't remember the details but I remember being impressed with the book ... did it change my life ... well yes a little ... perhaps it opened my mind a bit but now it's closing like a fish on a touch of aquarium food ... it's not much that I've taken in and oh so much less of it than I've lost ... there was so much of it then ... who's keeping it now

No comments: