Pages

Monday, November 30, 2009

THERE'S NO DISPUTING ...

what if style counted and it were something personal you didn't have to explain or defend like your favorite flavor or color ... when you picked ice-cream it was always vanilla ... when you chose a new car it was always maroon ... when you caught on to a new author it was because of his style ... I respect eliot and thackeray ... I like trollope I love Dickens ... I like to read a book so I can learn something ... I like to read a book so that I can travel through time ... I highlight and I summarize ... I take notes ... I play Q&A ... sometimes I forget oh yeah I read that book ... it was like the doorway to a well-lit room and I was looking through it as I passed by on the el ... I looked into her eyes as she looked into mine ... I know we were there together then ... but that room is thousands of miles into the past ... there ... but there for reference ... I feel more comfortable when I like the tone of voice and nothing keeps me longer in my seat and more willingly than a well-constructed sentence lean and to the point no matter how long the point is ... how did I come to the taste ... no ... no ... how was I born to it ... why

No comments: