Pages

Saturday, October 18, 2008

WHAT IT MEANS TO MEAN IT

the devil likes to sit down with us and talk about the bad things we've done that can't be taken back ... foul balls they'll be fine if they get where they're intended don't swing at them is the advice of the coach I want to hear from before I do one of those things that can't be taken back ... I don't want to talk anymore about the bad things I've done ... I want to think about the next one coming up ... I don't want a life of regret ... I want a life of the mind ... I don't want to be on Planet Z20 and have to pay a bill I ran up on Planet B103 or try to remember who was that girl on Planet H110 all those many lifetimes ago ... I want to be on Planet A1 just getting started ... not all over again ... the devil says we're talking about a box ... it's pretty narrow and you've nailed it up pretty thoroughly ... the teacher whose voice I want hear says come on out ... the devil wants to talk to you up to a point ... but then he wants to kill you when you get to that point ... the teacher too just as the devil does says trust me ... that's where the devil got it ... the teacher though says trust me if you know you mean it

cf kreeft, prayer, p112

No comments: