Pages

Wednesday, October 08, 2008

BAD HABITS

this inside outside stuff is very strong ... some of us get together from a society that bans the inside and we deny the outside ... we have the four corners posted ... we have sentries in betweeen ... we don't intend to let any of it through ... but over the years we fail in that intention ... we find the outside has seeped in and the walls are about to collapse ... whole acres of tissue are wasted ... on the inside we are invaded and about to capitulate ... but inside the inside we're still plotting bunker strategy ... and in these confined rooms we have a score of lawyers working our defense ... we know they won't be needed ... at our trial there will be just one question asked ... with no lie or misunderstanding possible ... there is no defense ... everything's out in the open ... it cannot be argued or ameliorated ... that is the assumption we begin with and it's the one we must dismiss if our answer to the question asked is no ... and that's what worries me ... that I should say no ... the philosopher says I've been training all my life to answer that question ... the answer I give will be shaped by the habits I've formed ... how can I avoid saying no one last time

No comments: