Pages

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

LEARNING HOW TO GET ON BOARD TIME WHEN SHE'S FLYING

if I could get past the first person I don't mean to get caught up in the second ... I mean only to mention the power of the third ... the mind-stripping power of the objective ... it can't strip the person from the mind can it ... but it can strip the mind from the person in the deepest sense simply that it seems to ... for the mind I mean here is the one taken up by appearances ... and before I get into a fight no I don't mean just measurable ones ... but I do mean just appearances ... which once they become familiar send us all kinds of invitation ... to define them to play with them to see they can be played with ... because they respond ... they open up ... they reveal and they educate us which true education there is nothing we enjoy more ... for in contemplation of their truth we lose ouselves ... or are stripped of the self-conscious mind ... and become happy ... hours over the stamp collection or studying ants mapping the stars reading fiction and history memorizing poetry ... see we say how the time does fly ... just because we no longer make it ... even to measure by

No comments: