Pages

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

A HAPPY ENDING

was he someone sent in custody to the gallows ... sent in the custody of a priest and expected to show up on time ... what then would be the particulars of the conversation they had on their way ... do we have enough time to stop for coffee or should we get there early ... is there no chance of another appeal ... is the channel to the governor for commutation still open ... or will this way in truth suit me to the end ... it does have a competent insistent tone this call to come to the end ... indeed I take it at its own value and have no thought for defiance ... if only a little for just a slight delay ... but I own that may be just another distraction pulling me back or to the side ... while I do admit the way forward is clear and very straight just now ... I would not even ask for a little nap and that alone is unusual ... I have a sense of the time when I am no longer ever tired ... I have a sense of the platform stout before it opens ... and I am grateful for the sense of ceremony where not just the limb of any tree would do ... but I would ask you just one question ... am I expected ... and the priest hat off said yes

No comments: