Pages

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

GRACE

if I start doing something significantly new ... saving instead of spending ... getting up early rather than going to bed late ... staying sober going straight giving up inspiration spiritual company and comfort ... instead of just talking of it theoretically ... and do so some amount of time unheard of before in the record of my usual habits ... what would be the chances ... being beat back say all the times before ... what would be the chances it all came naturally ... that I began saving because I loved to write a bigger number each month ... that I got up early because the sun's light lifted me up ... and went to bed early because the night now only made me sleepy ... what if I put the bottles away and didn't miss them ... smoked the last batch and left the window open to let the night and the air send me peaceful dreams ... and was in sleep and in peace because a new baseline had been set down ... a new way of life set before me ... and I could no more avoid it than stop walking or stop thinking ... for this new way was a way of thinking and walking with more and better such than ever before

No comments: