Pages

Thursday, March 18, 2010

GO HOME

I'm lonely but don't pity me ... I'm working on the assumption we're all lonely and we can't all be pitiable ... and don't get me wrong I drop what I'm doing when a friend calls ... but friendship is not fulfilling odd as that may sound ... it's kind of like halffilling or maybe even two thirds but the act itself takes time and the arts of compromise and is wearing ... all things wear when they reach the limit of their time ... but there's something that doesn't take time and artiface ... that doesn't wear and isn't limited by time ... but it does fulfill ... and that's the thing the longing for which makes us all human and lonely ... wouldn't the next step be you might be willing to say all right forget everything else go out and get that one necessary thing ... and believe me many of us have tried ... taken our emotional investment to the bank of the one true thing ... but have found the doors closed with a sign in the corner saying go home ... and another further down saying I thought snidely get a life ... I am however inclined to agree since I trust the power of that great house to prohibit mindless grafitti ... we must get a life mustn't we

No comments: