Pages

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

THE FORM HERSELF

well jack said I fair enough but that's not the form I meant or thought that you did ... not the artistic form but the ideal form ... the thing itself the art tries to inhabit ... what I thought you meant when you said fill the form thoroughly up ... fill it up with what and what is the form ... why enspirited tactile conversation he said ... fill the conversation with the right spirit the true spirit ... only then does the dance begin ... that's it I said ... tell me what the dance means ... the dance makes visible what we can't see ... what is it we can't see ... you think you can name it ... what if I tell you you can't ... you have to see it ... I'll agree and disagree ... I'll say there's a sense in which you're right ... the formal sense of form ... sounds silly no ... but I'll ask what I mean in another sense ... what's it for this dance or does it just exist for itself ... no not for itself ... for the dancers and for the goddess ... the goddess which goddess ... there's only one goddess in this dance whatever name you call her ... we'll use the obvious ... venus ... you worship her and you worship form herself

No comments: