Pages

Monday, July 21, 2008

FULIO'S CONTINUED STATEMENT TO COUNSEL

I am an artist but not your typical type ... so what I say about art you should leaven with the archetypical grain of salt ... no later than the first clause I'm running into trouble ... an artist makes works of art ... I agree we share for these works a particular sense of responsibility obviously so when as happens for the most part we must come to claim them if only in a word or a signature we admit as much ... but when you have me on trial for that responsibility my lawyer tells me to plead the first ... both freedom of speech and freedom of religion ... but mostly the freedom of ignorance in both ... what for instance until I did it did I know about death ... and until it happened to me I was most careful to moderate and mediate the evil influences in my life ... insisting if they must move at least let them dance ... and if they would cripple and orphan let them do it in the past under the regulations of history and narrative ... so much for war ... what then qualified me to talk of the devil or true religion destiny despotism or democracy much less wars and wars of religion ... I have only the one qualification ... I am an artist and this god help me is my art

No comments: