Pages

Monday, February 22, 2010

WHAT WE DO WHEN WE THINK OF GOD

what I saw was god ... said the old man leaning against the tree ... a white fountain of energy and light overflowing in great waves of generosity ... of love ... what I mean by saw is that I saw it at the same time as I thought it ... it was a fountain as I described it but not as I see it now ... it was then in the thought and crucially was the thought ... this picture of the fountain in my mind ... like seeing the letters and hearing the word one step further ... seeing the idea ... looking through the thought to the idea it was trying to picture ... only this time the idea was the idea of god ... say simply the truth of that generosity ... you see my mind now hesitating before the final step ... not because I fear it or fight it but because I'm swept back from it ... I'm swimming in the tide ... not because I long for it or because I'm conflicted to leave it ... but because I saw it ... though the picture is fading out of focus ... nor for my comprehension exalted over any other student's when we all study ... but for my understanding restricted and in parts broken but present in his presence ... as quick as a thought ... but seeing eternally

No comments: