Pages

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

THE UNIVERSE AS JOURNEY: RATIONALE

what is there ... something ... what is it ... a presence indicating power in degrees ... I don't like to be threatened ... I won't consider that now ... so tell me about this power ... why do I find it attractive ... or why do I care ... it's more than an attraction ... it's a push as well ... you are by nature designed to seek this presence as something good ... designed ... what good ... any good any true good that is is meant to appeal to you ... but hold it there for a second ... I want to say how much I love this language ... for there are two meanings of the word appeal that must apply now and as was said by degree ... the kind of appeal we say is a noun ... something you follow ... and the other kind ... something you do ... the first can be very wispy uncertain problematic ... and anyway it's the second now that I mean ... not some pretty form passing by but a knock on the door calling for a response ... more like a smile or a frown ... someone looking you in the eye ... something deliberately calling for your participation ... not like tapping on wood or gazing at the stars ... but a voice in the ear ... close ... what does a person want to hear

ibid (McCool/Clarke)

No comments: