Pages

Thursday, June 26, 2008

SYMPATHETIC INFERENCE

you don't have to argue using blunt force trauma to portions of the brain to tell me what it means to the mind ... I take a long night awake and the need for sleep to do it more simply ... you don't have to speak about on/off switches and pools of chemicals and convoluted layers of thought piled up in warehouses of the cerebrum ... from there to the cerebellum and from the cerebellum to the alimentary canal to the plant stem I see the analogy open to the truth as the head of the tulip does to the warmth of the sun ... but over all the fields of the earth I see just the one creature smiling ... they say the hyena's laughing but it's only a bark ... I hear the cat purring but she only means to tell me how she feels ... we'll have no dispute over whether she's telling the truth ... but most of all when I look into your eyes my dear I know the gleam's there on the surface to beguile my own sight that it can go no further ... I come to you I love within you not by observation but by self-knowing

No comments: